Friday, February 13, 2009

"Leave Earlier!"

This note goes out to the girl on I-40 today, who was driving like an absolute moron! It goes a little something like this...

I don't know who you are, or rather, who you THINK you are. You must really think you're something special. You must have a great sense of entitlement to drive the way you were driving today, and to think that was actually okay.

First, you were in such a hurry to get around the truck in front of you (who by the way was doing a hearty 75MPH in the lane), that you tried to share my little lane with me, forcing me to nearly hit the cement median. Then, you threw your hands up in despair (I suppose wondering why my car and I wouldn't dissapear into thin air so you could continue over), and you sweved three lanes over to the "on-ramp". I thought you were finally a thing of the past. I thought wrong. I guess the far RIGHT lane didn't work out for you either, because two minutes later, you were behind me again. I guess I should rephrase that. You were practically in my backseat!

Newsflash...if I can see and count the hair on your upper lip in my rearview mirror, you are TOO CLOSE! (Not to mention you could use a wax-job).

Finally, you found a hole and got by. I watched you about a quarter of a mile ahead, bobbing and weaving and near-missing about fifteen to twenty other cars. The sea of red brakelights in your wake was a testement to how awful you were truly driving.

Well, little miss, here's something to think about. Judging by your blatant disregard for human safety, you've never thought about it before.

I am somebody's mother. I have a daughter who depends on me, and loves me, and looks up to me, and NEEDS me. I am somebody's wife. I am somebody's sister, somebody's daughter, and somebody's friend. Someday soon, I will be a nurse, and then I will be somebody's chance for hope. And I am not alone. Everyday, you share that same highway with thousands of people. Thousands of people who are also somebody's everything.

What gives you the right to get in your car, and drive with reckless abandon, not to mention, in the blinding Westward sunlight of a four to five lane highway?

What gives you the right to endanger so many lives? I am infuriated at your audacity. I am scared that I, or someone I love, might have to share the road with you again some day soon.

There is no need to drive like that. Again, I don't know who you are, or who you THINK you are, but if you need to get somewhere so badly, LEAVE EARLIER and respect others while you're driving.

So many people have so much to lose as a result of your careless behavior....

1 comment:

BoysRuleMyLife said...

Wow Ang, very well said.